Here's a simple cookie recipe that can double for a meal replacer. The name comes from the chapter in the Bible where Jacob sent his sons back to Egypt for food for a second time. Honey, spices (cinnamin?), pistachios and almonds were the gift of choice back then, and they are the bulk of the ingredients in these cookies.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- ½ cup apple juice or water
- Heaping ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup honey
- Heaping ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 300 and oil 2 jellyroll pans (or cookie sheets).
- Using a food processor, process nuts into a crumbly flour. Leave nut mixture in the food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until they form a thick paste.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. If your batter is thick, shape dough into evenly formed cookies, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Bake cookies for about 20 minutes or until they just begin to brown slightly.
- Stir chopped walnuts into the dough before forming into cookies.
- Add 1 tsp. almond extract in step 3.